Important Info
  • Register now to gain full access!
  • Full Info about Phoenix: HERE
  • Full Info about Inception: HERE
  • OSGM Competition: HERE
  • Big Guide for Newbies: HERE
  • Welcome to OldSquad Community

Looking to have fun on a Professional Environment?
    Then you are in the best place!
    Join our MU Online Servers and feel the difference.

SEASON 6 EP 3 - HARD ECONOMY SYSTEM

- Progressive Gameplay.
    - Dynamic Low EXP.
    - Boosted EXP for Newbies!

OUTSTANDING QUALITY & SUPPORT

- Highly configured details in a Smart & Professional way.
    - 15/24 Support on Forum & Facebook.
    - Satisfaction Guaranteed!

HIGH STABILITY & LONG TERM EDITIONS

- Dedicated Project without monthly restarts.
    - 95% UP-TIME with announced Maintenances.
    - Weekly Updates & Improvements.

REAL PLAY2WIN!

- No WebShop / CashShop / VipServer.
    - Credits can be farmed easily INGAME.
    - 100% Balanced Services.

[Character Guide] Strength Magic Gladiator

Voyager

• Group:  Members
    • Content Count:  119

Hello!

I already did one guide for Vitality Rage Fighter and since then I didn't posted anything. Here I will represent you my vision of "Strenght Magic Gladiator". You all know that this is early game PVP Beast and also high capabilities of PVM. 

1. Introduction

What does SMG lack? You all know its the AG. Early game you can use 2x One Handed weapons with special options (EDR/2% or both) or just high damage ones (non excellent), or simply you can use the specific SMG weapons who have Powerslash skill. First I will explain you the benefits of both (you can keep them both in your inventory and switch depending on the situation).

1.1 Weapons of choice.

1. Using two weapons will provide you burst at early levels if there isn't good two handed wep at your hands (focus on having EDR++ on each wep). This will give you high damage burst at PVP but keep in mind when you get out of AG - you are history, so don't use this method for PVM.

2. Using two handed weapon with Powerslash (even not excellent one with options) will give you medium damage burst in PVP and high damage burst in PVM. Many people neglect Powerslash but it is proven that it works in Castle Siege as well. It is a good AOE high distance skill which can help you control the Castle. You can literally melt people if you have one EE guarding you back with SD regen. 

1.2 Weapon examples

• You can pick up any Excellent one handed weapon with EDR++ . (Early game PVP)
    • Excellent Rune Blade +Luck+ 2% DMG (Early/Mid game both PVP/PVM)
    • Excellent Sword Dancer +Luck+ 2% DMG (Early/Mid game both PVP/PVM)
    • Excellent Divine Sword of Archangel +L+EDR+2% combined with Rune Bastard Sword (Mid/Late game both PVP/PVM)
    • Rune Bastard Sword with 5 sockets +Luck. (Mid/Late game both PVP/PVM)

2. Armor

This is something which will unleash a discussion. My experience proves that in early game you don't need high defense gear. Depending what you really gonna do will make the difference.

If you go straight for PVP my suggestion is to head for low tier excellent set or mix of sets. For example you can start with Bronze, Brass, Dragon with Damage Decrease and Reflect. Now here is the trick, you don't have to complete the same set since in early game you are really depend on the options. Luck is needed so you can land more Critical Hits. Late game you start with forging your set to +11 so you can get the bonus and then continue till +15. Damage Decrease as yellow options on the set are needed when you reach this part of the game.

If you head for PVM then you head for rare (medals or hearts) set with Additional Defense and luck.

• Brass Set +Luck+DD+REF (Early/Pre-Mid PVP)
    • Brass Set +Luck+HP+REF (Early/Pre-Mid PVP)
    • Ancient set Gaion Storm Crow (Mid/Pre-Late PVP/PVM) - picking Gaion will make preparations for having Rune Bastard Swords which are the Best in Slot swords for SMG.
    • Ancient set Muren's Storm Crow (Mid/Pre-Late PVP/PVM) - picking Muren's will force you to use Two Handed weapons so you can take the bonus and it is easier to get the set.
    • Volcano Set (Late PVP/PVM) - equipped with two Rune Bastard Swords is kinda the Best in Slot gear you can have in late game.

2.1 Rings

Preferred rings by me are 2x DD+REF or mix of DD+REF and REF+HP. At early game you can go with one option rings but prefer to have DD and if your gear doesn't contain Reflect, try to get one from your second ring.

3. Stats

Here is the real deal. Since many of you will think "Why you added 130 energy?", the answer is simple - Scroll of Ice - this is probably one of the most important Spells at early game so you can reach long distance people and control the map. 

3.1. High STR - with this build you can land huge damage with slower Attack Speed. You can use this build in early/mid game with 2x One Handed weapons for PVP (PVPArena, Castle Siege and etc). This points are calculated for level 400 with additional Fruits and total of 2863 points.

FwIXwkH.png&key=2714b3b47f8166e7d5e0f983

3.2 High AGI - this is something special I've tested few times on live editions and I was doing pretty good with medium but sustained damage. My recommendation is to use either Muren's or Gaion Storm Crow so you can compensate the lack of STR with the Double Damage.

jcoDcBa.png

4. Short basic tips about PVP Gameplay.

It is not easy to be a SMG. Your most important thing is positioning so you can land proper Fire Slash. As far as I remember the radius of Fire Slash is 1 yard so you have to be careful. That works for invasion/bosses as well.

Your play style is simple

• Single Targets - Ice > Cyclone (if you are equipping One Handed Sword which will allow you to jump on the target easy, also works for focusing the GM in CS if its DL) > Fire Slash
    • Multiple Targets - Try to position yourself and just spam Powerslash if more than 5, if no - you can get closer and use Flamestrike

You can divide your play style on two while in CS:

1. Mostly SD drainer and diversion
    2. Focus on killing specific targets - Stampers, clearing the Crown, killing opponents EE's and the GM who wants to take the crown.

5. Some small calculation as always with the following items:

I6rPcdf.png

5.1 Some statistics with the damage inputs at level 400(+200ML) and the equipped set.

bwykTWS.png

5.2 Some data on Vulcanus Cruel Blood Assasins and Selupan

4TwRc3a.png

2hZqOPx.png

6. Master Tree

I will post the PVP orientated Master Tree in 3 steps - 0-50 ML; 50-100 ML; 200 ML.

My first 50 points should be spended like this:

lAWvSlx.png

1. PVP Defense Rate - 10
    2. PVP Attack Rate - 10
    3. SD Increase - 10
    4. PVP Defense/Attack Rate +5 on each
    5. SD Regen - 10 (preparation for Increase Defense)

50-100 Points:

OpsPDZG.png

Divided on two choices you can pick up one of these:

1. Increase Defense - 20
    2. Attack Success Rate - 10
    3. Cyclone - 10
    4. Weapon Mastery - 10

1. Increase Defense - 20
    2. Increase One Handed Sword - 10
    3. Increase One Handed Sword Mastery (for Attack Speed) - 10
    4. PVP Defense/Attack Rate - +5 on each

Final 200/200 Points:

f1YNw5b.png

So far this is the final build which you head for. It is not easy to farm everything but head for this type of game style. Pretty simple and fun to play Class. 

If you have any questions regarding this build I will help you with pleasure. I remind you again - this is my play style and it is not official MU WEBZEN build you MUST follow.

Regards,
    Voyager

• Content Count:  231

My critics of Voyager's guide is that there are a few suboptimal points.

First, if your base dmg is less than 1500, lvl/20 is much better than 2% dmg inc. Here are two screenshots in part of a guide on item choice I'm making: https://imgur.com/a/7ZP1zc5 . As you can see, there is a huge difference in damage when you are level 600 (400+200ML). IMHO, best options for low stats server are always edr+lvl/20 or edr+speed.

The second point is that you wasted 10 points in SD regen increase. If you are not equipped Volcano armor+380 option, your SD is only regenerated in safezones. I'd rather put that 10 points in HP regens. I would also put 15 points in def increase and 5 point in AG regens if I cant use fireslash continuously.

Pro PvAFK player!

• Content Count:  48

I don't really know how to build and play MG but this guide looks pretty nice :). Everything described, nice formatted. Nice to look on it ;).
    +1 from me for how it looks like.

Waiting for summoner guide =D.
    May I ask you for calculator site?

Hey @Devex

I will send you the Calculator link cause it is hosted by another website. The one I had before its gone. I will ask @ADMIN to check it and if its virus free to upload it on Oldsquad. About the Summoner, well I never played this class, the next one I am gonna upload will be either ASM or ABK.

• 4 months later...

• Content Count:  43
    • Device:  Windows

@int24rain I am kinda late, but could you share this website for calculations? Also are they based on OS formulas and scripts?

Hey there!

Unfortunatelly they are not cause every edition @ADMIN changes them. They are basic for Season 6 and they are kinda accurate.

• 4 months later...

• Content Count:  10
    • Device:  Windows

Weapon Mastery skill cannot be updated without Twisting Slash Strenghtener and Power Slash Strenghtener.