Important Info
  • Register now to gain full access!
  • Full Info about Phoenix: HERE
  • Full Info about Inception: HERE
  • OSGM Competition: HERE
  • Big Guide for Newbies: HERE
  • Welcome to OldSquad Community

Looking to have fun on a Professional Environment?
    Then you are in the best place!
    Join our MU Online Servers and feel the difference.

SEASON 6 EP 3 - HARD ECONOMY SYSTEM

- Progressive Gameplay.
    - Dynamic Low EXP.
    - Boosted EXP for Newbies!

OUTSTANDING QUALITY & SUPPORT

- Highly configured details in a Smart & Professional way.
    - 15/24 Support on Forum & Facebook.
    - Satisfaction Guaranteed!

HIGH STABILITY & LONG TERM EDITIONS

- Dedicated Project without monthly restarts.
    - 95% UP-TIME with announced Maintenances.
    - Weekly Updates & Improvements.

REAL PLAY2WIN!

- No WebShop / CashShop / VipServer.
    - Credits can be farmed easily INGAME.
    - 100% Balanced Services.

New PvP idea

ADMIN

• Group:  Administrators
    • Content Count:  3,930
    • Device:  Windows

Hello,

@Gion came with a nice idea (at least in my opinion) about a new feature to encourage more PvP between players.

Basically, to introduce a mercenary NPC, that will give you a 'quest' when you speak with it, and will assign you 3-5 number of online players in your level range. If you succeed to kill all the names in a defined period of time you'll get a reward. If you fail, nothing will happen.

The quest will be reset 1 or 2 times per day, and will also have some limitations and rules (but we can speak more about them if you like the idea).

What do you think about such feature? It comes with benefits like:
    - Encouraging PvP.
    - Reducing AFK due to AFK-stress if you're on ppl 'black list'.
    - Creating competition, maybe even a rank for mercenaries.

So, let us know what do you think and if it's worth to work on such feature or not (you can also come with your own suggestions related to it, we'll take them into consideration).

Cheers.

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do" - Steve Jobs

• Group:  Members
    • Content Count:  16

sounds good imo, but what will be the reward? 

• Group:  Legends
    • Content Count:  150

17 minutes ago, ADMIN said:

assign you 3-5 number of online players in your level range

what will happen when the assigned people are offline?

11 minutes ago, ADMIN said:

- Encouraging PvP.

this is not pvp, this is killing someone while hes not watching

11 minutes ago, ADMIN said:

Reducing AFK due to AFK-stress if you're on ppl 'black list'.

wtf is wrong with you, why are you constantly trying to make an AFK game non-afk. who the fuck can stay and play this game the whole day? most people can play only a couple of hours after work (myself included) and for a game like MU (old i mean) afk is a good thing. Most people who play MU now, have played it in the past when it was popular, and are now older and have more resposibilities therefore less time.

I'm all for a new pvp event but this idea is just garbage.

Peace is an illusion

2 minutes ago, Timor said:

sounds good imo, but what will be the reward? 

That's a detail that we will speak about later.

The system can be larger to allow 'fight-backs', like ppl on list will receive notifications and if they kill the player that comes for them they may receive a smaller reward while canceling the mercenary quest (fail).

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

what will happen when the assigned people are offline?

this is not pvp, this is killing someone while hes not watching

wtf is wrong with you, why are you constantly trying to make an AFK game non-afk. who the fuck can stay and play this game the whole day? most people can play only a couple of hours after work (myself included) and for a game like MU (old i mean) afk is a good thing. Most people who play MU now, have played it in the past when it was popular, and are now older and have more resposibilities therefore less time.

I'm all for a new pvp event but this idea is just garbage.

You're getting toxier day by day, watch your language and attacks, we're not your slaves. 

Want to stay 24/7 AFK go in non-pvp maps and let others have fun.

• Content Count:  16

Some people dont care about pvp in this game. Dont force it on those people please.

• Content Count:  47

Not a good idea imo. PVP is when the one you're attacking fights back, not killing AFK players. This will just reward the ones who are on 24/7 for almost no skill involved.

If you want to discourage AFK play you need to increase xp for events and in PVP maps or set a steeper zen cost curve in the mu bot.

If you want to encourage more PVP, either make something similar to Royal Rumble for high levels, a party based PVP arena, or even an event like you mentioned, but only if you register for it you can get tagged as a target and with a limited time period. Another idea would be to give up on the non-pvp invasions.

• Content Count:  40

I like the idea but would be more exciting if its a war between Guilds!

A place would be set and a date for all participants to be both online at the same time.

No more waiting for CS. Players will be able to have some fun battling with each other and not stress about losing the Castle.

Just pure PVP fun!

Rewards can be buffs which I'm sure will help in all aspects of the game. Buffs for a day! will do. It will give hunters more chance to score on bosses.

More guilds will be created in this way and more competition.

• Content Count:  134

why not remove non pvp invasions ?

31remc.jpg?width=522&height=392

2 hours ago, weew said:

why not remove non pvp invasions ?

31remc.jpg?width=522&height=392

Because the people that keeps servers alive are the newcomers. We know what 80% of people did on previous system, whenever seeing a lowbie trying to kill his golden just waited them and killed them to take their reward. This is how you motivate them to stay and play? By killing without them having a chance to respond? Ugly.

Invasions system will never change, no matter how much 'pros' cry about, you're not the only people that matters in a community.

• Content Count:  44

This reminds me a lot of a PvP system that game called Dofus has. 

Alignments
    A character with an alignment can only aggro characters of different alignment.

Neutral
    The default alignment is neutral. Neutrals cannot aggress other characters. Every player starts off neutral, but can change to Bontarian or Brakmarian.
    Bontarian (The "Good ones")
    They can be spotted by white angel-like wings above their name.
    Brakmarian (The "Evil ones")
    They can be spotted by red devil-like wings above their name.

Aggress
    You receive honor points for defeating people you aggres, and lose points for people you fail to kill. The amount of points gained/lost is proportional to the level of the players on either side, so for the maximum of 100 points, you must defeat someone at approximately the same level as you.

Features
    Alignment Level & Orders

Your Alignment level is determined by the number of alignment quests you complete. Completing 1 alignment quest raises your alignment level by 1.

After completion of the level 20 alignment quests, player may choose to become a part of one of the three orders in your alignment. Your order level is improved upon completing the 40th, 60th, 80th and 100th alignment quest.

PvP Mode / Wings Visibility
    Aligned characters have the option of activating 'PvP mode'. When PvP mode is on the "wings" of your character are up and visible to others. Whilst in PvP mode you may:
    -Earn Honor Points by defeating characters from the opposite alignment.
    -Aggress another player of the opposite alignment (with their PvP mode on).
    -Be aggressed by another player of the opposite alignment (with their PvP mode on).
    -Equip certain types of equipment/buffs.

Without the PvP mode on, none of the above may take place.

Rank & Honor Points
    Honor Points determine your PvP rank, which gives various benefits. The higher your rank, the more and better the possible equipment/buff. (Honor Points are gained by (whilst having PvP mode on) aggressing and winning against a character of an opposing alignment. Losing an aggression will cause you to lose Honor Points, while winning one will gain you points - as long as the person who you defeated were around your level (e.g A lvl 120 would gain no points from aggressing a lvl 20).

This system was pretty fun and exciting way to make the PvP interesting in game. In MU we have Gens pvp/ranks, which is similar in a way, but the system is pretty lackluster compared to the one that Dofus offers. I don't know how hard it would be to implement something like this, but I feel like it's something that you should definitely take a look into. Even though Dofus is quite meh to many people because of the way the game looks, it has the best in-depth implementation of game play I have ever experienced in any game so far. @ADMIN and @Gion, you should really take a look into their wikia page (https://dofuswiki.fandom.com/wiki/Dofus_Wiki) and try to bring some of the features in Old Squad server

E: Unless it wasn't obvious, a solid +1 for the idea. Anything that encourages PvP without forcing anybody to do so, is more than welcome.

exisig2abb.png

no snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible

• Content Count:  2,037

Hello, initially we thought about this: when you kill a player and gain the outlaw status, your pk points(from pvp system) won't be counted before you kill the player assigned by the new npc. Later we wrote 3-5 players instead of 1, thinking that you, the players, will like the idea. 

In this manner, we will deacrease the number of pk points needed to clear your pk. 

So killing this one Target will let you do the pk points. 

So, we click on the npc(after we are outlaws), and on global chat it will be displayed "Gion is hunting". - now other players can look up for Gion on site to see If his level range matches theirs, so they can know if they can be a possible Target or not. 

Some possible cases that might happen:

-the assigned player to kill by the npc goes off-line, here you can click again on the NPC, and another player will by assigned

-you can't find the respective player for 15 minutes, or you can't kill him(he has better gear or his friends are defending him) , you click again on the npc

-we will try to assign players from different gens, If possible

I wanna ask you some shit, but you might tell me a lie
    But, ayy, I barely care
    I no longer live in my feelings, shit, I'm barely there 
    I can never live in New York 'cause I can't carry there
    They say I can't live in my city 'cause it's crazy there
    I'm like "Shit, that's everywhere"

• Content Count:  352

why should I or anyone else be a victim of random ? also, you need to take care of your enemies, you need to take care not to die because someone has your name in "quest" while you are sleeping, working or just gone. Senseless murder is not what we need.

Bad PK system is when u go k6, make some PK and after stay a fell hours in k6 coz u cant leave this map, cant summon, cant die, cant warp from web. That its bad PK system.

32 minutes ago, Shuryk said:

why should I or anyone else be a victim of random ? also, you need to take care of your enemies, you need to take care not to die because someone has your name in "quest" while you are sleeping, working or just gone. Senseless murder is not what we need.

Bad PK system is when u go k6, make some PK and after stay a fell hours in k6 coz u cant leave this map, cant summon, cant die, cant warp from web. That its bad PK system.

We proposed this idea because many players have complained about the AFK-type. 

This system encourages the active gameplay, just like we do, and after all, it is not that bad, it's just a kill, you only need to come back to your spot, but you need to be online. 

#edit: I was thinking about the situations where you have to decide how to attack, depending on who is your enemy. You can go for a direct hit, or you can ask a friend to help you, etc.

But we can do this only If the players will think this way

Edited by Gion

But, ayy, I barely care

• Content Count:  352

17 minutes ago, Gion said:

We proposed this idea because many players have complained about the AFK-type. 

This system encourages the active gameplay, just like we do, and after all, it is not that bad, it's just a kill, you only need to come back to your spot, but you need to be online. 

#edit: I was thinking about the situations where you have to decide how to attack, depending on who is your enemy. You can go for a direct hit, or you can ask a friend to help you, etc.

But we can do this only If the players will think this way

This system just destroy de server..coz after someone kill me i just off my PC, and stay online only 4-6 hours per day after work. I dont want to stay online in safe-zone all night and all day when im on work coz some NPC say "kill him". 

Encouraging some behaviour (active play in our case) should be done by rewarding the action, not directly punishing the opposite action.

Random spawn times for kundun is good game design, for example - you get rewarded if you are active and able to react fast, without a direct punishment if you don't.

• Content Count:  44

In my opinion the system must give an option for those players who doesn't want to participate to stay out of it. At least ~50% of players prefer the afk type game play and can't stay online much to secure their exp on spot. Maybe if you wish to participate in this headhunter PvP, you will have to talk to the mercenary NPC that assigns you with a mission, and once you do so, you will be tagged for the next 24H as a possible assignment for other players as well. This would give a fair chance for everybody to participate and enjoy the rewards & PvP, and also secure the afk for those people who wish to do so.

E: maybe a good example of the bonus that you would gain by assigning to this event could be +5% exp gain as long as you're tagged. Or maybe +1/2/3/4/5% etc. advancing further by each time you complete an quest(s) given by the NPC.

exisig2abb.png

no snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible

2 minutes ago, Exilia said:

In my opinion the system must give an option for those players who doesn't want to participate to stay out of it. At least ~50% of players prefer the afk type game play and can't stay online much to secure their exp on spot. Maybe if you wish to participate in this headhunter PvP, you will have to talk to the mercenary NPC that assigns you with a mission, and once you do so, you will be tagged for the next 24H as a possible assignment for other players as well. This would give a fair chance for everybody to participate and enjoy the rewards & PvP, and also secure the afk for those people who wish to do so. 

This is a great idea, optional participation that can be incentivized with a reward (maybe higher XP), but at a higher risk.

Maybe we could add a condition: the npc will assign a player with 10+ overall kills, or 15+ overall kills, or whatever. So we will need to count all the kills of a character from now on. 

Reaching the limit of let's say 15 overall kills makes you a pvp player from a pve one. 

If you are a pve player, then it's obvious that you won't reach the PvP limit. 

But, ayy, I barely care