Important Info
  • Register now to gain full access!
  • Full Info about Phoenix: HERE
  • Full Info about Inception: HERE
  • OSGM Competition: HERE
  • Big Guide for Newbies: HERE
  • Welcome to OldSquad Community

Looking to have fun on a Professional Environment?
    Then you are in the best place!
    Join our MU Online Servers and feel the difference.

SEASON 6 EP 3 - HARD ECONOMY SYSTEM

- Progressive Gameplay.
    - Dynamic Low EXP.
    - Boosted EXP for Newbies!

OUTSTANDING QUALITY & SUPPORT

- Highly configured details in a Smart & Professional way.
    - 15/24 Support on Forum & Facebook.
    - Satisfaction Guaranteed!

HIGH STABILITY & LONG TERM EDITIONS

- Dedicated Project without monthly restarts.
    - 95% UP-TIME with announced Maintenances.
    - Weekly Updates & Improvements.

REAL PLAY2WIN!

- No WebShop / CashShop / VipServer.
    - Credits can be farmed easily INGAME.
    - 100% Balanced Services.

[Inception] Suggestion/Information

Voyager

• Group:  Members
    • Content Count:  119

Hello.

As a player who played OldSquad all editions since the past 3 years, I would like to know what is the current hardware state of the server and its internet connection. It is more than clear we have more people than all other editions and the quality of the server at all is good BUT it is kinda laggy and sometimes it is getting even worst (spikes and moving your hero forward/backward non stop and you have to warp back so you can actually move, otherwise you are catched in a funny loop). Will be there any improvement of the machine which is running the server or the internet connection? 

Also this affects one of the best spells and probably the best spell of DL's - Chaotic Desier. I have tested in Main server and in CS Server (server 20) and in Main server you can't use this spell cause of the lag and it doesn't hit at all which is gamebreaking for DL's. On other side I have tested it in Test realm and there is work as well like in Server 20. 

In the end I believe I am not the only one who is facing this lags in the server and wishes everything to be fixed as soon as possible. Can @ADMIN gives us any information about all this stuff?
    Regards,

Martin

• Content Count:  48

Totally agree. Same thing happen for summoner Chain Lightning skill. I also experience lags, loading NPC sometimes take ages and this is definitely not a problem of my internet connection speed because mostly I play on 1 Gbps. You should definitelly think about second sub.

• Content Count:  58

Yeap +1

img

• Content Count:  43
    • Device:  Windows

Same, in CC monsters are laggy and seem to be in totally different place than what is shown.

• Group:  Administrators
    • Content Count:  2,018

We asked the devs to find a solution, but they said that it is not (fully) on their side, plus the machine on which the server is hosted is not at 100% usage, but it is even around 50-60%.

Buuut the server was not closed in a while(it is up since early testing period), and it might have some old loops -any machine needs a restart from time to time-, so we will have a maintenance in one of the following days, fact that is allowing us to do a system restart. 

Hopefully we will see less lags after it. 

I wanna ask you some shit, but you might tell me a lie
    But, ayy, I barely care
    I no longer live in my feelings, shit, I'm barely there 
    I can never live in New York 'cause I can't carry there
    They say I can't live in my city 'cause it's crazy there
    I'm like "Shit, that's everywhere"

• Content Count:  10

+1 the game is so laggy. On no other edition I have encountered such lag.

• Group:  Legends
    • Content Count:  150

7 hours ago, Gion said:

We asked the devs to find a solution, but they said that it is not (fully) on their side, plus the machine on which the server is hosted is not at 100% usage, but it is even around 50-60%.

Buuut the server was not closed in a while(it is up since early testing period), and it might have some old loops -any machine needs a restart from time to time-, so we will have a maintenance in one of the following days, fact that is allowing us to do a system restart. 

Hopefully we will see less lags after it. 

I doubt this will fix the issue. You will probably need to consider other options like splitting the server or something else..

Peace is an illusion

• Content Count:  153

i also have lags on droping the rewards from goldens , opening npc's , loading chars , attacking pvp and pvm , warping to map and waiting to appear stuff, mostly everything have lag spikes or small lags

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

I doubt this will fix the issue. You will probably need to consider other options like splitting the server or something else..

I was thinking the same but didn't suggest on purpose - means we will split the entire server base on two different realms and we don't have that much player base to start with. BUT I highly doubt that the machine restart will fix the issue too. There is bug with specific spells, not with all spells. Those spells are channeling spells and there is something strange occurs in your files (please check). 

There is also spikes with mobs spawning sometimes (it gets laggy and they spawn slower), dropping medals/boxes also causes lag and you see them on the floor in 10 seconds sometimes. Also the entire gameplay of the server is laggy especially when you go to a specific zone with more players or more monsters.

• Content Count:  43

3 minutes ago, int24rain said:

I was thinking the same but didn't suggest on purpose - means we will split the entire server base on two different realms and we don't have that much player base to start with. BUT I highly doubt that the machine restart will fix the issue too. There is bug with specific spells, not with all spells. Those spells are channeling spells and there is something strange occurs in your files (please check). 

Isn't there any alternative server providers that can hold 600 players on 1 machine? For example in WoW I played on private server that has 10k players almost all the time and it is more demanding game than mu.

4 minutes ago, Mynd33 said:

Isn't there any alternative server providers that can hold 600 players on 1 machine? For example in WoW I played on private server that has 10k players almost all the time and it is more demanding game than mu.

Well if there is a way @ADMIN should know it and hopefully he will figure out something fast cause it is early stage of the game and it is important for everyone this spells to be fixed asap. 

Also I was thinking isn't there a way to bring more players to our server? Like give them some special reward or extra exp with buffs for the first week so they can catch us? I saw this on another server with HUGE population ( I wont say its name ) and it was hardcore edition but they have enabled all scroll buffs from X Shop to the newcomers along with extra XP so they can catch the top100 players. I think this will help us a lot and WE BADLY NEED bigger community and competitive guilds since GROM and DEADCATS are gone.

• Group:  Administrators
    • Content Count:  3,929

There's nothing related to hardware, not even 50% of resources are used from our machine, your example of test-server and server20 is clearly showing that, as both test server and server20 are on same machine despite no delays.

Secondly, this is not the highest number we have online, we had over 900 (chars) as record on first 30rr edition, but we also had 2 sub-servers back then.

Thirdly the "move-loops" are not related to lag but to move-speed-protection, that will probly be disabled on next update as it is giving false detections.

There are too many people on same sub-server than it should optimally be on our files, but not enough to split in 2 sub-servers, not even saying that entire gameplay is thought for 1 sub-server, being 2 will hurt a lot starting from limit of accounts up to too many spots, goldens and etc.

We'll hold a maintenance most probably tomorrow, we'll see how it will be after and what possibilities we have.

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do" - Steve Jobs