Important Info
  • Register now to gain full access!
  • Full Info about Phoenix: HERE
  • Full Info about Inception: HERE
  • OSGM Competition: HERE
  • Big Guide for Newbies: HERE
  • Welcome to OldSquad Community

Looking to have fun on a Professional Environment?
    Then you are in the best place!
    Join our MU Online Servers and feel the difference.

SEASON 6 EP 3 - HARD ECONOMY SYSTEM

- Progressive Gameplay.
    - Dynamic Low EXP.
    - Boosted EXP for Newbies!

OUTSTANDING QUALITY & SUPPORT

- Highly configured details in a Smart & Professional way.
    - 15/24 Support on Forum & Facebook.
    - Satisfaction Guaranteed!

HIGH STABILITY & LONG TERM EDITIONS

- Dedicated Project without monthly restarts.
    - 95% UP-TIME with announced Maintenances.
    - Weekly Updates & Improvements.

REAL PLAY2WIN!

- No WebShop / CashShop / VipServer.
    - Credits can be farmed easily INGAME.
    - 100% Balanced Services.

A new feature is now live (discussion)

Deadcat

• Group:  Members
    • Content Count:  13

Hello everyone.
     I wanted an open discussion about this new feature, because the original topic, which tells us to "Please let us know if you find anything wrong related to this. " is Locked.

I cant help but feel like this is favoritism towards the small elite group of top people, that have been abusing this pull tactic a lot, letting them reach ranking top spots and have more time to focus on events now, instead of tiring them selfs out, pulling multiple spots.

its not like this mechanic is new, some people used it on last database as well to get ahead of others.
    Now that i see more and more people catching on to how its done, trying to catch the top players, suddenly its no longer an option, but the damage has already been done, and people who abused it a lot(for pretty much 12 days now), are now having huge leads and making impossible to catch up to now.

I mean, from the original post, it seemed like this feature got added to make the gameplay more fair,  and if so, wouldn't it be fair to downgrade the few elite players who abused the hell out of this to get a huge lead , making them pretty much unrivelable for golden invasions, PvP raids, CCs , WWs ,  and getting BC rewards, to an extent.  So pretty much almost all the early events.

So how can we fix the issue at hand , because with the stage system, the problem would resolve it self after 3 or 4 weeks, but until then , they have a hard earned, but unfair lead. 

So , my suggestions are these.
    1)Down grading them a reset, so they are still a head, but not by that much.
    2)Decreasing their xp until some other parties can catch up
    3)Temporary restricting access to events on their chars.

Thanks for reading my rant, i know the biased will dismiss this as crying or what ever, but i want to hear other peoples opinions and suggestions.

P.S. This new feature is messing with BC and golden mobs.

• Content Count:  8

I totally agree with you. New feature is really good for all players but only i believe that many players have concerns how to fix the advantage they got by using it. Furthermore, your suggestions sound great too

• Content Count:  29

I didn't play since launch but in my opinion this adds a snowball effect to a small amount of ppl that will put them way ahead in gear/jwls and events/gens. 
    But downgrading ppl for playing the game i don't believe is the right way to do it. 

• Group:  Administrators
    • Content Count:  3,929
    • Device:  Windows

There are only 2 options for you, we're not taking into account anything else:

- Keep the fix as it is, so you're in advantage for that over the top players.
    - Remove the fix and let really active players continue to snowball the ranks.

Sure, even if we worked on it and spent time for it only for the fairness of lowbies, we're up to remove it and let things as they are and they always was, in 80% of players disadvantage.

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do" - Steve Jobs

• Content Count:  51

Hello Deadcat,

Great points your raise. I raised very similar points in the forum chat also. 

The general thoughts were, the top few have trained very hard to get where they are, they just got their easier because of the fact they were 'ahead of the pack'. This is what allowed them the space to pull mobs and gain a further advantage over the crowd behind. 

I believe this type of advantage destroys the player base, and goes against everything the admin try's to achieve here, which is why he fixed it (albeit temporarily at the moment). I'm sure he will figure it out, and kudo's for doing so. 

How to handle the lead already achieved is an extremely touchy subject, removing rr's might be a bit harsh. My thoughts in the forum chat was to make the end of stage 1 penalty larger than curranty budgeted for. This would allow us all to enter stage 2 a bit closer together at least. IMO stage 1 is lost now. 

Regards,

Roidsbru / Enk

• Content Count:  8

Well i personally find the new feature extremely necessary and keeping it up is best choice in my opinion. At least with that feature up, we have chance to catch becasue as u meantioned before if others want to farm multi spots its not much possbile beacaue of all spots being ful

• Content Count:  54

@Deadcat 
       You do realise that people that are in top have higher maps free of other people, there before would be able to pull 5-6 spots at the same time without anyone contesting them, wile the rest of the playerbase would be lucky to get a free spot that they could pull. 
       Everybody knew about the pulls from other DB's, but everybody was silent. It would not be fair or ethical in my opinion to remove a reset, decrease XP or remove them from doing events because in order to reach that advantage, work was put in.
       And yes, i'm one of the partys that did pulls, and trust me, the reason i tottaly agree with this change is because the gap between casuals and ppl that can do pulls in high maps will just continue to get bigger.

• Group:  Legends
    • Content Count:  445
    • Device:  Windows

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I always tell the truth, even when I lie.

• Group:  Legends
    • Content Count:  118

When everybody was struggling to survive on a weak spot, we were pulling mobs. Most of you couldn't pull mobs, even if you wanted or tried it, because you were not using proper items, buffs, builds, positions, coordinations or party build. It's about thinking of everything, not just pulling. Those pulls were not an abuse, but a well planned and developed strategy.

• Content Count:  2

I agree with enkegg. My suggestion is to extend the 5rr cap a while to let some others catch up. Something should be done to balance things out! Regardless. They did it fair and square. Other than potentially using 3rd party software to their benefit but that’s for another day 😉

• Content Count:  153

4 hours ago, mafy said:

When everybody was struggling to survive on a weak spot, we were pulling mobs. Most of you couldn't pull mobs, even if you wanted or tried it, because you were not using proper items, buffs, builds, positions, coordinations or party build. It's about thinking of everything, not just pulling. Those pulls were not an abuse, but a well planned and developed strategy.

i will recommend u to nasa for such an high IQ party u have for doing such moves .. ffs man stfu u and ur pt whit ur big egos 🤣🤣 , saying that now ppl complain this because of ur party ..

we been pulling mobs here for 4 years , this nothing new. only players that are not active and dont really care much just doesnt notice this or try to test things.

just staying at screen all day pulling mobs like a braindead monkey to be top 1 in a game and trying to be the favourite idol of some random players to boost a bit more ur ego xd

im glad admin found a way to fix this , should have been done way before than now , because this just ruins the early game for less active players and the ones who struggle whit non stable partys to catch up

• Content Count:  153

On 10/8/2020 at 11:50 PM, nbhnc said:

Other than potentially using 3rd party software to their benefit but that’s for another day

besides that being true , that day will never come , because no one can detect it ^^

+1 forum warn for double post

Edited by Gion

• Content Count:  29

14 hours ago, mafy said:

lmao my sidesssssss