Important Info
  • Register now to gain full access!
  • Full Info about Phoenix: HERE
  • Full Info about Inception: HERE
  • OSGM Competition: HERE
  • Big Guide for Newbies: HERE
  • Welcome to OldSquad Community

Looking to have fun on a Professional Environment?
    Then you are in the best place!
    Join our MU Online Servers and feel the difference.

SEASON 6 EP 3 - HARD ECONOMY SYSTEM

- Progressive Gameplay.
    - Dynamic Low EXP.
    - Boosted EXP for Newbies!

OUTSTANDING QUALITY & SUPPORT

- Highly configured details in a Smart & Professional way.
    - 15/24 Support on Forum & Facebook.
    - Satisfaction Guaranteed!

HIGH STABILITY & LONG TERM EDITIONS

- Dedicated Project without monthly restarts.
    - 95% UP-TIME with announced Maintenances.
    - Weekly Updates & Improvements.

REAL PLAY2WIN!

- No WebShop / CashShop / VipServer.
    - Credits can be farmed easily INGAME.
    - 100% Balanced Services.

[Arena Tournament V2] Discussions

ADMIN

• Group:  Administrators
    • Content Count:  3,929
    • Device:  Windows

#This topic was edited with the final Info as it was released for the beta period:

So ladies and gentleman, we're releasing one of the most complex, interesting & unique PvP events in the entire MU Community: Arena Tournament V2!

General Info

• Arena Tournament features 7 different rounds, each round taking place 1 time per week, at 20:30 19:45 Server Time.
    • There are 3 different Event Types: LMS - Last Man Standing, KotH - King of the Hill & LL - Last Laugh.
    • Both LMS & KotH have 3 different Specials, more info above.
    • In order to register to Arena Tournament you must write /joinarena when the event is popping (and before it gets closed).
    • After event is closed, it will start in 1 minute.
    • You can't attack other players before the event does start.
    • Maximum 60 slots (LMS) / 40 slots (KotH) / 34 slots (LL).
    • Duration is 15 minutes for LMS/KotH. No maximum duration for LL.
    • You can't join while being in a party.
    • You need at least level 200 to join the Arena Tournament.
    • Ice Arrow & Teleport are disabled.
    • If you join a party anytime during the event both chars will be disqualified from the tournament and moved out.
    • You can't join the event with antidotes / sd pots.
    • Any consumables buff (bless/soul pots, doppel scrolls, halloween, etc.) are deleted every second during tournament.
    • You get a full clear off existing buffs when you enter the tournament.
    • You can't move items (for example from store) during tournament.
    • You are Muted during tournament.
    • You can't drop items during tournament.
    • You can't move to other maps during tournament.
    • You get PK Stage 2 during tournament (to use only right click to attack, without CTRL).
    • At the end of tournament you get back to your previous pk level / pk kills / pk timer.

Info about LMS (Last Man Standing)

• Schedule for Last Man Standing is the following:
      • Monday - LMS Special 1.
      • Wednesday - LMS Special 2.
      • Friday - LMS Special 3.
    • Objective is to kill others while surviving.
    • Every character does have 5 lives when they join.
    • Dying will remove 1 life and will notice you the lives left.
    • When lives are over, you'll be removed from the event & moved out.
    • A character can only remove 1 life from another character when there are more than 20 characters alive, and maximum 2 lives from another character when there are < 20 characters alive. After that, he no longer can attack that character BUT the other character can attack him (for at least 1/2 lives).
    • Winners are the last 5 characters that remains alive.
    • If the event time is over and there are more than 5 characters left alive, there will be a TOP5 made by Lives taken and then by lives that you had left. So if 2 characters have the same amount of lives taken at 5th and 6th position, the one with more personal lives left will take the 5th place, and so on.
    • Reward for winning a LMS Event is the access to Sunday's round (where the real rewards are given, for everyone).
    • If you win any of the LMS rounds you can't join other tournaments until Sunday.
    • Specials:
      • Special 1: Free For All, normal fight with characters exactly as they are.
      • Special 2: Free For All, normal fight with ALL CHARACTERS receiving reset stats & points for 20 RESETS - more chances for lower players.
      • Special 3: Class-Only fight, players can only fight with characters with the same class like them, during the Event, with characters exactly as they are.
        • Note: During the Special 3, the limit of 2 lives taken is valid only if there are > 4 players left from the same class. If there are < 5 players left from the same class you can take any amount of lives from characters.
        • Note2: Also on Special 3 there is only 1 winner from each class (last one standing), so total of 7 winners.

Info about KotH (King of the Hill)

• Schedule for King of the Hill is the following:
      • Tuesday - KotH Special 3.
      • Thursday - KotH Special 2.
      • Saturday - KotH Special 1.
    • Objective is to farm as many Points as possible.
    • Every character starts with 0 Points.
    • Every time a character dies he will lose 4 points (unless the points are 0 anyway).
    • Killing another character will give you 10 points.
    • The 2nd time you kill the same character you will earn 9 points, 3rd time 8 points, and so on until you'll get only 2 points for killing the same character (and the value will stay at 2 points, no longer decreasing).
    • After 15 minutes, the TOP5 characters with the most points are considered the winners.
    • If there are more people with same points like the 5th player, the winner will be picked randomly.
    • Reward for winning a KotH Event is the access to Sunday's round (where the real rewards are given, for everyone).
    • Specials:
      • Special 1: Free For All, normal fight with characters exactly as they are.
      • Special 2: Free For All, normal fight with ALL CHARACTERS receiving reset stats & points for 20 RESETS - more chances for lower players.
      • Special 3: Class-Only fight, players can only fight with characters with the same class like them, during the Event, with  characters exactly as they are.
        • Note: Also on Special 3 there is only 1 winner from each class (the one with highest points at the end), so total of 7 winners.

Info about LL (Last Laugh)

• Last Laugh is the final Tournament, where the prizes from the week are also given.
    • Last Laugh is held on Sunday.
    • Only winners of KotH & LMS from that week can join the Last Laugh.
    • So maximum players on Last Laugh is 34.
    • If you have lower resets than the highest reset player from the LL, you will receive extra stat points to add for the tournament based on the difference of resets between you and highest reset player and also based on your class.
    • The points are added when the Arena is closed, so you have 1 minute to use them.
    • There is no set duration for the LL but there are 3 rounds:
    • Round1: LMS Round
      • During this round you need to eliminate players while surviving.
      • The round is over when there are x amount of players left in the Tournament, as following:
        • If there are more than 30 participants, Round1 is over when there are 20 players left.
        • If there are more than 26 participants, Round1 is over when there are 18 players left.
        • If there are more than 22 participants, Round1 is over when there are 16 players left.
        • If there are more than 18 participants, Round1 is over when there are 14 players left.
        • If there are more than 14 participants, Round1 is over when there are 12 players left.
        • If there are more than 11 participants, Round1 is over when there are 10 players left.
        • If there are more than 8 participants, Round1 is over when there are 8 players left.
      • All LMS rules are applied.
    • Round2: KotH Round
      • During this round you need to farm as many Points as possible in 10 minutes.
      • After 10 minutes, TOP8 characters with most Points will be qualified for last round (3), rest of players will be eliminated.
    • Round3: Last Laugh - Final Round
      • A virtual bracket will be generated for the 8 players left, it will be based on the Points gathered during round 2 as following:
        • TOP1 points will play vs TOP8 points.
        • TOP3 points will play vs TOP6 points.
        • TOP4 points will play vs TOP5 points.
        • TOP2 points will play vs TOP7 points.
      • Then each character will be moved to a different Arena cage where the matches are being played. 
        • In cages you are playing 1v1 with your opponent.
        • Both chars start "chained" and game is starting in 5 seconds.
        • The first character to kill the other for 2 times will advance in the bracket (Best of 3).
        • You do receive a clear of all buffs/effects after a kill and you start from different corners again.
        • SD is not restored during the match.
        • After winning a match you advance in bracket and either wait or face your next opponent from Winner bracket.
      • After winning/losing a game you will be redirected to a new cage.
      • After each finished game, if your SD is not full, you will receive a Complex Potion that you can use in first 5 seconds of the next game, to restore your SD to full. You need to be fast!
      • Players that lose in the Winner bracket are being sent into Loser bracket where they face other losers.
      • Games on Loser bracket are the same as on Winner bracket (Best of 3).
      • If you lose a game on Loser bracket you are eliminated from Tournament, if you win you advance in Loser bracket up until Grand Finals.
      • Grand Finals are BO5 (Best of 5).

Arena Tournament V2 will be released on Sunday night, and there will be 1 week of BETA period. During BETA there will be no rewards for winning, instead, you will get 2x Jewel of Chaos for each REPORTED, CONFIRMED & FIXABLE BUG you encounter during the week. So try your best to bug the Event!

Note: We do expect some problems during BETA, so take it with a grain of salt. Also we're waiting any suggestions / feedback related to it as you play & test it.

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do" - Steve Jobs

• Group:  Members
    • Content Count:  128

I think it could become a really good tournament for Teamplay. The only downsides are:

1. Good Team Characters like AE wont benefit from 1v1 potential (since they are considered to be the worst pvp class 1v1 according to forum details)

2. Solo players will get jumped on by organized teams (i think this is a downside only for the newbies while i think teamplay will make the tournament a lot more funny and entertaining)

3. Consumables/Scrolls/Potsions could play a big part in making a big difference in terms of power

4. Is Last Man Standing supposed to just stay allive or have a scoring side (like you kill 5 people, you get x amount of points and u still have chances to qualify?) Cause if not, i feel like the VIT Builds could be abused especially for teamplaying.

5. Is Party allowed? You do not stipulate if it is or not yet. (also because of point 4, vit/ene bks build could be abused)

EDIT: Have you thought of an arena tournament regarding teams of 3-5 players maybe? (with the same stats squish-upgrade you brought up.

• Content Count:  116

My opinion is that you complicate this game too much, casual events are much more interesting, what you offer is suitable for a narrow range of people, you can draw an analogy with soccer event. 

I can offer you my 5 cents, make arena interface like CC with hidden names and if possible classes, with "diminishing returns on kill" 

17 hours ago, Hvman said:

I think it could become a really good tournament for Teamplay. The only downsides are:

1. Good Team Characters like AE wont benefit from 1v1 potential (since they are considered to be the worst pvp class 1v1 according to forum details)

2. Solo players will get jumped on by organized teams (i think this is a downside only for the newbies while i think teamplay will make the tournament a lot more funny and entertaining)

3. Consumables/Scrolls/Potsions could play a big part in making a big difference in terms of power

4. Is Last Man Standing supposed to just stay allive or have a scoring side (like you kill 5 people, you get x amount of points and u still have chances to qualify?) Cause if not, i feel like the VIT Builds could be abused especially for teamplaying.

5. Is Party allowed? You do not stipulate if it is or not yet. (also because of point 4, vit/ene bks build could be abused)

EDIT: Have you thought of an arena tournament regarding teams of 3-5 players maybe? (with the same stats squish-upgrade you brought up.

1. It's like saying don't make PvM invasions / events because BK is the worst for them.

2. It is what was happening on first arena tournament version, and we're trying to reduce such things on this one with different restrictions.

3. This is what I wrote, that they will be disabled as council suggested.

4. Last man standing means to remain alive, king of the hill means to score as many points as possible, different objectives.

5. Buffs are deleted except of personal buffs, so party or not - it's useless.

12 hours ago, Spawn said:

My opinion is that you complicate this game too much, casual events are much more interesting, what you offer is suitable for a narrow range of people, you can draw an analogy with soccer event. 

I can offer you my 5 cents, make arena interface like CC with hidden names and if possible classes, with "diminishing returns on kill" 

If it was possible to have same CC thing it was the easiest solution for previous arena version. It is not possible.

I don't feel like it's more complicated than previous version. It is just more fair / gives more chances to people.

I promised that I will bring a new AT version when I removed it, people are asking for it, so I have to deliver.

• Content Count:  128

58 minutes ago, ADMIN said:

1. It's like saying don't make PvM invasions / events because BK is the worst for them.

2. It is what was happening on first arena tournament version, and we're trying to reduce such things on this one with different restrictions.

3. This is what I wrote, that they will be disabled as council suggested.

4. Last man standing means to remain alive, king of the hill means to score as many points as possible, different objectives.

5. Buffs are deleted except of personal buffs, so party or not - it's useless.

If it was possible to have same CC thing it was the easiest solution for previous arena version. It is not possible.

I don't feel like it's more complicated than previous version. It is just more fair / gives more chances to people.

I promised that I will bring a new AT version when I removed it, people are asking for it, so I have to deliver.

Regarding the 5th point. I think being able to create a party, it's still helping, cause we cannot attack our team by mistake (which happens a lot when there are lots of players).

• 3 weeks later...

Still waiting feedback on this.

A new idea @Speedyzor propose, which I personally like a lot, is that either a weekly event of Arena Tournament or the last one, to have the idea of 1v1 implemented as following:

People are assigned to random cages from Arena, 1v1, when they win they advance into another cage, and so on until the last fight is over.

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  45

cant change gear while in arena. dunno if its a feature or a bug.

• Content Count:  9

in my opinion it's better to do that with an invisible name's because it now gets like gw on top guilds

23 minutes ago, hellldrake said:

cant change gear while in arena. dunno if its a feature or a bug.

You can't move items after getting into the event, part of the features.

4 minutes ago, Korniz said:

in my opinion it's better to do that with an invisible name's because it now gets like gw on top guilds

There's no such feature possible outside of CC which has it internally. But even if it would be, makes small difference as in CC ppl still help each-other using voice system, no matter if hidden names or not.

We did made things with that in mind, that's why you receive less and less points after each kill on same character (on KotH), that's why you're limited on lives taken on same person (and we'll limit it even more dynamically as a next tweak), and that's why last round from last event is 1v1. More than that, whoever wins can't join anymore so next tournaments from the week you won't face the same winners except of sunday's final tournament.

For those that had no message when tries to join the event: You didn't had over level 200 (which is the minimum needed), but the message didn't showed up, I'll fix it for tomorrow's arena.

Also I'll update to not get PK Tips during Arena, with the PK points left and so on.

Tomorrow is the 2nd round (KotH - Special 3 - class-only fight), good luck.

#Waiting feeback / reports as well.

• Content Count:  153

to prevent teaming up remove the ae ice arrow from arena, has the most impact in teaming up vs someone

• Content Count:  9

25 minutes ago, ADMIN said:

You can't move items after getting into the event, part of the features.

There's no such feature possible outside of CC which has it internally. But even if it would be, makes small difference as in CC ppl still help each-other using voice system, no matter if hidden names or not.

We did made things with that in mind, that's why you receive less and less points after each kill on same character (on KotH), that's why you're limited on lives taken on same person (and we'll limit it even more dynamically as a next tweak), and that's why last round from last event is 1v1. More than that, whoever wins can't join anymore so next tournaments from the week you won't face the same winners except of sunday's final tournament.

For those that had no message when tries to join the event: You didn't had over level 200 (which is the minimum needed), but the message didn't showed up, I'll fix it for tomorrow's arena.

Also I'll update to not get PK Tips during Arena, with the PK points left and so on.

Tomorrow is the 2nd round (KotH - Special 3 - class-only fight), good luck.

#Waiting feeback / reports as well.

so maybe there is possibility to change names to random names when koth starts?  well i understand about ppl who speak each other ,but anyway not all is speak its other so abit it will help..

• Content Count:  45

1 hour ago, Chukundah said:

to prevent teaming up remove the ae ice arrow from arena, has the most impact in teaming up vs someone

Lets remove evertything from elf ,why dont we?

how about ICE and teleport from SM? we cant use antidotes so how is this fair against a SM who can just kite and attack?

1 hour ago, Korniz said:

so maybe there is possibility to change names to random names when koth starts?  well i understand about ppl who speak each other ,but anyway not all is speak its other so abit it will help..

It's way too complicated and can cause serious bugs if something goes wrong, for close to 0 difference. 

1 hour ago, Chukundah said:

15 minutes ago, hellldrake said:

Lets remove evertything from elf ,why dont we?

how about ICE and teleport from SM? we cant use antidotes so how is this fair against a SM who can just kite and attack?

Oups, forgot about them, both skills were not meant to be used, just like on the old Arena.

First post have been updated.

The following tweaks are up starting from the next Arena:

• Added messages when participants does quit after Arena has started (with their place & lives taken / points).
    • Added place & lives taken in the message with elimination during LMS & LL Round 1.
    • Removed PK Tips for Arena participants.
    • Fixed registration not showing the reason of rejection when it is related to the minimum level (200).
    • Disabled Ice Arrow & Teleport from Arena Tournament.
    • Maximum lives taken during LMS & Round 1 of Last Laugh were modified from maximum 2 lives to:
      • Maximum 1 life when there are more than 20 characters alive.
      • Maximum 2 lives when there are < 20 characters alive.

10 hours ago, ADMIN said:

First post have been updated.

The following tweaks are up starting from the next Arena:

• Added messages when participants does quit after Arena has started (with their place & lives taken / points).
    • Added place & lives taken in the message with elimination during LMS & LL Round 1.
    • Removed PK Tips for Arena participants.
    • Fixed registration not showing the reason of rejection when it is related to the minimum level (200).
    • Disabled Ice Arrow & Teleport from Arena Tournament.
    • Maximum lives taken during LMS & Round 1 of Last Laugh were modified from maximum 2 lives to:
      • Maximum 1 life when there are more than 20 characters alive.
      • Maximum 2 lives when there are < 20 characters alive.

the rules from IT could be applied to arena, like having no fenrirs which is a "boost" for those who have and who dont have ,  for example the black fenrir since it gives dmg % , and  the "no reflect" stoping dmg and also the mace from BK to not stun enemies which is fair enough since ae and sm skills are being removed

34 minutes ago, Chukundah said:

the rules from IT could be applied to arena, like having no fenrirs which is a "boost" for those who have and who dont have ,  for example the black fenrir since it gives dmg % , and  the "no reflect" stoping dmg and also the mace from BK to not stun enemies which is fair enough since ae and sm skills are being removed

IT is an event for everyone, and fenrir/stun is directly affecting the event mechanics.

Arena is an individual event where the work you've put for your character is reflected. Fenrir / stun (a.k.a ML) is part of character work, it is not going to be removed.

• Content Count:  116

Teleport on SM was returned in arena after u add cooldown on him.

8 hours ago, ADMIN said:

Arena is an individual event where the work you've put for your character is reflected. Fenrir / stun (a.k.a ML) is part of character work, it is not going to be removed.

SM TP is part of character work, u cant abuse it in team play work, that skill is for save urself. 

15 hours ago, Spawn said:

SM TP is part of character work, u cant abuse it in team play work, that skill is for save urself. 

this is true , arena is just played by teaming up from hardcore and diamond , what about the solo players ? will just get teamed up and deleted instantly , teleport has nothing to do whit teaming up compared to ice from AE , so teleport shouldnt be removed

Huh? Since when you're "working" to get teleport? As far as I remember you get it in 5 minutes in a random low map.

I'm not discussing this, just stop. You can't be 50-60% of time untargetable into an event where you need to survive and/or make kills.

• Group:  Legends
    • Content Count:  445

I tried now to join arena KotH, but it tells me I already won an event this week. I was last week, not this.

I always tell the truth, even when I lie.