Important Info
  • Register now to gain full access!
  • Full Info about Phoenix: HERE
  • Full Info about Inception: HERE
  • OSGM Competition: HERE
  • Big Guide for Newbies: HERE
  • Welcome to OldSquad Community

Looking to have fun on a Professional Environment?
    Then you are in the best place!
    Join our MU Online Servers and feel the difference.

SEASON 6 EP 3 - HARD ECONOMY SYSTEM

- Progressive Gameplay.
    - Dynamic Low EXP.
    - Boosted EXP for Newbies!

OUTSTANDING QUALITY & SUPPORT

- Highly configured details in a Smart & Professional way.
    - 15/24 Support on Forum & Facebook.
    - Satisfaction Guaranteed!

HIGH STABILITY & LONG TERM EDITIONS

- Dedicated Project without monthly restarts.
    - 95% UP-TIME with announced Maintenances.
    - Weekly Updates & Improvements.

REAL PLAY2WIN!

- No WebShop / CashShop / VipServer.
    - Credits can be farmed easily INGAME.
    - 100% Balanced Services.

P2W ?? (Discussion)

Mynd33

• Group:  Members
    • Content Count:  43
    • Device:  Windows

Recent discussion in forums chat-box sparkled my interest in this topic - Is this server P2W??

First of all, I have played on OS for 3 editions and have pretty good understanding what you can and can't do being F2P player as myself.  I also want to mention that OS is the best server not only in terms of this topic but also regarding its own unique server and active/helpful staff. 

So lets get to the point, there are many factors influencing your character progression and indeed some of them may require money.

1) Having ACTIVE party and VIP will help a LOT. Getting ahead with leveling  makes you stronger than others thus increasing possibility of wining events=getting stronger gear and from that point its just starts to snowball (example Rampage/Squadron got 5rr while 90% of playerbase were 3rr or less and basically steamrolled all events). Although VIP (15% xp) is great boost , BUT still ACTIVE party is most important thing in getting ahead.

2) Having self-sufficient class, for example SMG- great for Goldens/Arena/CC/etc, will help you get TON of credits very easily. There are  classes that excel at one particular event , but if you want maximum profit you have to choose one that can do many things. 

3) Although first two points are most important,but still  I have to mention so called ''Whales''. I have seen people donate 40$ and get full set +DD+HP+11 without any effort, while for average Joe it might take whole month. I can understand frustration if someone swipes his MASTERCARD and gets something you farmed/worked towards for a long time. As I said this point is controversial - you can''t get any uber items but you definitely can skip the grind for gear.

What I would do now if we went back in time on server start: get active 5-man party and VIP for 2 weeks, those 20$ should be enough to keep you competitive if you put in effort and time.