Important Info
  • Register now to gain full access!
  • Full Info about Phoenix: HERE
  • Full Info about Inception: HERE
  • OSGM Competition: HERE
  • Big Guide for Newbies: HERE
  • Welcome to OldSquad Community

Looking to have fun on a Professional Environment?
    Then you are in the best place!
    Join our MU Online Servers and feel the difference.

SEASON 6 EP 3 - HARD ECONOMY SYSTEM

- Progressive Gameplay.
    - Dynamic Low EXP.
    - Boosted EXP for Newbies!

OUTSTANDING QUALITY & SUPPORT

- Highly configured details in a Smart & Professional way.
    - 15/24 Support on Forum & Facebook.
    - Satisfaction Guaranteed!

HIGH STABILITY & LONG TERM EDITIONS

- Dedicated Project without monthly restarts.
    - 95% UP-TIME with announced Maintenances.
    - Weekly Updates & Improvements.

REAL PLAY2WIN!

- No WebShop / CashShop / VipServer.
    - Credits can be farmed easily INGAME.
    - 100% Balanced Services.

Disabling teleport in chaos castle

Doink

• Group:  Members
    • Content Count:  43
    • Device:  Windows

• Character name that is submitting it (for the potential reward): Doink
    • Suggestion type (server/website/forum): Server
    • Suggestion content (make sure to include enough details so your suggestion is clear enough):
      As of now the strongest and smartest way to win chaos castle is using a tanky SM - getting the highest amount of mob kills and then avoiding combat for 10 minutes until the timer runs out, winning by points. It is most optimal strategy to use yet it makes the event quite unenjoyable for the other participants - there is no way to counter it apart from bringing 5+ teammates with enough damage and disables to catch the SM. Even with an ice elf SM can teleport while iced so in the end it comes down to having overwhelming numbers and breaking the spirit of the event by bringing in a team. The only remaining disables are dl and bk stun. DL lacks the damage in CC to be able to kill SM and bk... well have a look at the footage below :D
      The whole idea of chaos castle is a chaotic free for all battle - no teaming, no chat allowed, everyone looks the same. Yet in order to stand a chance against cheese such as teleport SM one must come in with many allies and be in a discord call to circumvent the measures against communicating.

Here is an example of an average cc7 match:

For context, I didn't know who the MG was until the end of the event but since we both saw we're up against a SM the only logical thing was to team up and hope we somehow manage to catch him. My hp bar is blue because I placed a blue box over it to hide the hp numbers, yet due to an error on my part they were still visible, thus I blurred that area with youtube edit options after uploading. I carry a rave set + a 2 handed mace switch with imps/demons + ww rings for these exact scenarios yet even if you do everything in your power to counter this strat it's next to impossible to catch them unless you have a significant numbers advantage - 5 vs 1 etc.
      The only logical thing is to exclusively play SM in chaos castle. As a person who has all the characters this doesn't affect me as much but I think this sort of meta isn't enjoyable for almost anyone involved.

In order to make CC a fun and balanced pvp event there would need to be more changes than just disabling teleport on SM. Many characters underperform without mounts and taking away SM teleport could potentially make the class too weak to compete in CC.

• How the suggestion can bring value:
      Make events more fun and competetive for all classes instead of catering to cheese antifun meta.

One way to balance all characters in CC would be to disable the ability to use pets (kind of like being unable to enter CC with a fenrir) and automatically equip every class with an unkillable (like the golden fenrir) and impossible to unequip custom pet that modifies their damage or absorbs damage. Each class would need different values based on testing 1v1 duels without mounts to achieve balance and make every class viable. Perhaps teleport wouldn't even need to be fully disabled, if the cooldown is increased in CC and SM damage is buffed accordingly it could make it less cheesy without removing one of the core components of SMs toolkit.

• Content Count:  81

this can be fixed by removing HP potions from everybody in CC when less than 3 minutes are left. 

• Group:  Legends
    • Content Count:  96

or maybe to add like 50 HP potion cap.  Anyway most of the people run. regardless the guild. But putting a cap on the hp potions will be decent and maybe no sd potions if its a cap. If u have a tank build and 500 hp potions..you can run from 3-4 people easy.

On 7/15/2024 at 4:34 AM, alegzander said:

or maybe to add like 50 HP potion cap.  Anyway most of the people run. regardless the guild. But putting a cap on the hp potions will be decent and maybe no sd potions if its a cap. If u have a tank build and 500 hp potions..you can run from 3-4 people easy.

On 7/14/2024 at 4:44 PM, Alex. said:

this can be fixed by removing HP potions from everybody in CC when less than 3 minutes are left. 

I feel like both of those solutions could be abused with a different flavor or cheese strats though. It's a tough one to solve