Important Info
  • Register now to gain full access!
  • Full Info about Phoenix: HERE
  • Full Info about Inception: HERE
  • OSGM Competition: HERE
  • Big Guide for Newbies: HERE
  • Welcome to OldSquad Community

Looking to have fun on a Professional Environment?
    Then you are in the best place!
    Join our MU Online Servers and feel the difference.

SEASON 6 EP 3 - HARD ECONOMY SYSTEM

- Progressive Gameplay.
    - Dynamic Low EXP.
    - Boosted EXP for Newbies!

OUTSTANDING QUALITY & SUPPORT

- Highly configured details in a Smart & Professional way.
    - 15/24 Support on Forum & Facebook.
    - Satisfaction Guaranteed!

HIGH STABILITY & LONG TERM EDITIONS

- Dedicated Project without monthly restarts.
    - 95% UP-TIME with announced Maintenances.
    - Weekly Updates & Improvements.

REAL PLAY2WIN!

- No WebShop / CashShop / VipServer.
    - Credits can be farmed easily INGAME.
    - 100% Balanced Services.

Fake online players

Reporter

• Group:  MU-Team
    • Content Count:  260

Hello, oldsquaders !

Today we want to present you some basic info about the number of online players, and we will talk about MU, because we did some research.

You might have noticed that on many servers you see like 400, 500, 1000 people online , but when you enter the game, there's nobody there. That's because most of the servers (big servers are included here too), are adding a certain number to the online players.

Example(happened to me): I have downloaded a random server from a top, after I saw the number of online players being like 630. After joining the game, nobody was in Lorencia, nor Noria or Devias, for like 3 hours. 630 online and nobody is around ? I went on site to look for the online players (I wanted to see their locations), and there was no such feature. Then I clicked on Rankings, and I found out that I was in top60 BKs after like 3 hours of playing. This could not happen if there were 630 online. So I wrote a PM to the administrator of that community, regarding this thing with the top. I had no answer that day. The next day you could only search for top 50 (not 100 anymore) overall characters (not on each class anymore). Playing a little more and walking around, I have noticed that when 580-590 were online(displayed by their website), I could find only like 50-60 players connected in all the maps together. The server events were empty (I saw like 3 players coming to BC in 2 days). So my conclusion is easy to assume: that server has added 500 players to their number of online players, not more, not less.

I find this "adding fake online players" thing a plague for games, especially for MU. I am saying this because most of the servers are doing this, and for the most of players this number is enough to join these ghost servers. This is why you see most communities having a high number of online players, but they die after X weeks. And also, this is the reason for many players to quit this game, and I do get their point of view, they have no reason to join another server, because it will crush anyway.

This is why our community can prove its number of online players. You have the online players feature on site, where you can find every player connected to the game right now. We do have some features in-game, like /maps, which shows the maps population at that moment.

These things being said, I hope that you can spot now a "ghost" server.

Freedom of speech is the concept of the inherent human right to voice one's opinion publicly without fear of censorship or punishment! 

• Group:  Members
    • Content Count:  18

How's online counted here? If it's showing 500 on the web is it actually 500÷3 ? Still better than other fake servers

• Group:  Legends
    • Content Count:  150
    • Device:  Windows

1 hour ago, Zaikon said:

How's online counted here? If it's showing 500 on the web is it actually 500÷3 ? Still better than other fake servers

its 500 chars, not unique IPs.

Peace is an illusion

• Group:  Members
    • Content Count:  18

tought so