Important Info
  • Register now to gain full access!
  • Full Info about Phoenix: HERE
  • Full Info about Inception: HERE
  • OSGM Competition: HERE
  • Big Guide for Newbies: HERE
  • Welcome to OldSquad Community

Looking to have fun on a Professional Environment?
    Then you are in the best place!
    Join our MU Online Servers and feel the difference.

SEASON 6 EP 3 - HARD ECONOMY SYSTEM

- Progressive Gameplay.
    - Dynamic Low EXP.
    - Boosted EXP for Newbies!

OUTSTANDING QUALITY & SUPPORT

- Highly configured details in a Smart & Professional way.
    - 15/24 Support on Forum & Facebook.
    - Satisfaction Guaranteed!

HIGH STABILITY & LONG TERM EDITIONS

- Dedicated Project without monthly restarts.
    - 95% UP-TIME with announced Maintenances.
    - Weekly Updates & Improvements.

REAL PLAY2WIN!

- No WebShop / CashShop / VipServer.
    - Credits can be farmed easily INGAME.
    - 100% Balanced Services.

Sub-server implementation ideas

ADMIN

• Group:  Members
    • Content Count:  10
    • Device:  Windows

If you reduce the exp in the second server I feel like this defeats the purpose of adding a 2nd server all together, no one will want to use it. Keep the exp as is for both servers but remove the invasions from the second server. Definitely add some downside to the second server, but if the downsides are too big then people will refuse to use it so need to be careful about that.

• Content Count:  8

To be honest I'm seriously concerned about the changes at all, as the server blooms greatly with current situation.

Mu players like crowds and mass pvps and thats the crazy ride we are getting now, like no other server. I understand the need of increasing server capacity, but splitting main server into to, imho should be a last resort option. 

• Content Count:  71

Personally i don't agree keeping events off, this server should also help low lvl people to catch up, maybe just keep some levels of ds/bc/cc/it on it, like +2 max.

• Group:  Administrators
    • Content Count:  3,929

10 hours ago, Limbo said:

To be honest I'm seriously concerned about the changes at all, as the server blooms greatly with current situation.

Mu players like crowds and mass pvps and thats the crazy ride we are getting now, like no other server. I understand the need of increasing server capacity, but splitting main server into to, imho should be a last resort option. 

It is exactly what we always wanted and we always disagreed to have sub-servers, but unfortunately if we do want full performance for most of players we need to make such compromise, because from now on the higher the numbers gets on the server, the lower the performance for most players does get. And it doesn't looks like the numbers are going down at all.

It is for sure not something we want to do and we prolonged this moment long enough (remember having such delays on Inception as well when it reached 700+, but numbers online remained stable and we were not forced to open sub-server).

This is a deadly combination of really high online players (especially active ones, doing hundreds of actions per second), lots of scripts/features running and the constant attacks we're encountering (that also slow down the gameserver actions and, from time to time - luckily a bit more rare now - causing mass disconnects).

And it was really easy if it was hardware-related, because a simple upgrade would've solved it, but we already did a lot of upgrades and resources aren't even used at all more than 40-50%. The gameserver software simply can't work flawless on such stress.

But the main reason we want the 2nd sub-server to be implemented differently is that we still want to hold 550-600 cap on main server, only reducing it if really needed, so we don't want a 50-50 split, more like 70-30 split, so the crowd will still be there on main server.

Until now what we saw and agreed with is that:

- Sub-server won't have Mercenary Squad and neither Gens System.
    - Won't have any Events/Invasions.
    - Will have a smaller zen drop rate increase.
    - Icarus mobs would be moved from Server1 to Server2 and they would be only there.
    - It will either be NON-PVP with 80% exp or normal PvP with 100% exp.

We're still open to ideas/suggestions.

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do" - Steve Jobs

• Content Count:  116

14 minutes ago, ADMIN said:

- Icarus mobs would be moved from Server1 to Server2 and they would be only there.

To be honest, I didn't see any reason why people would go to the sub-server. Taking everything away from the players without giving anything in return will not solve your problem.

• Group:  Administrators
    • Content Count:  3,929

We don't want main chars in sub-server, only the alts and the lower level afks that can have safer leveling and more empty spots.

There are 480+ unique players online, we want them in main-server.

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do" - Steve Jobs

• Content Count:  31

29 minutes ago, ADMIN said:

It is exactly what we always wanted and we always disagreed to have sub-servers, but unfortunately if we do want full performance for most of players we need to make such compromise, because from now on the higher the numbers gets on the server, the lower the performance for most players does get. And it doesn't looks like the numbers are going down at all.

It is for sure not something we want to do and we prolonged this moment long enough (remember having such delays on Inception as well when it reached 700+, but numbers online remained stable and we were not forced to open sub-server).

This is a deadly combination of really high online players (especially active ones, doing hundreds of actions per second), lots of scripts/features running and the constant attacks we're encountering (that also slow down the gameserver actions and, from time to time - luckily a bit more rare now - causing mass disconnects).

And it was really easy if it was hardware-related, because a simple upgrade would've solved it, but we already did a lot of upgrades and resources aren't even used at all more than 40-50%. The gameserver software simply can't work flawless on such stress.

But the main reason we want the 2nd sub-server to be implemented differently is that we still want to hold 550-600 cap on main server, only reducing it if really needed, so we don't want a 50-50 split, more like 70-30 split, so the crowd will still be there on main server.

If you move the icarus mobs to subserver 2 that will free Icarus map free which gives me one idea. You can make one event which can occur either every day or 1 time per 2 days and it will be FFA arena in Icarus. People warp there before it starts and after it starts - no one can warp back and fight with everyone and the one with the highest score wins (like PVParena), also you can add few monster NPC's which will spawn in random places which will give points to those players but wont be easy to be killed so people will try to focus them too? 
    Would be nice to see more ideas to make use of Icarus map in sub server 1?

• Content Count:  116

4 minutes ago, ADMIN said:

We don't want main chars in sub-server, only the alts and the lower level afks that can have safer leveling and more empty spots.

There are 480+ unique players online, we want them in main-server.

Well, look, in my opinion most people's alts are mostly PT, they will not leave, beginners often try to find a strong party on the first server, where there is a sufficient number of spots and all bonuses. And it is easier to find PT on the server where there are more people

AFK at night or during work ? I see more of a problem in the fact that you can stay with a full inv of Pots for a maximum of 1-2 hours afk than someone will kill you.

• Group:  Legends
    • Content Count:  47

14 minutes ago, ADMIN said:

I have a new idea that I will try to exploit tomorrow, not sure yet if it will work but I will try my best.

Basically, I will try to move only some of the maps into a new sub-server, but without having that sub-server active at all.

This would mean that you will teleport to Icarus, for example, just like you would teleport to crywolf (to another sub-server), and the map will be held only there (in sub-server).

This would keep everything (almost) as it is while splitting the load into multiple sub-servers.

Will let you know further details.

U just read my mind! S1=normal server and S2 just few maps from S1.

• Content Count:  8

Summing up, are you actually trying to implement fast switch server feature on Phoenix for free?

• Content Count:  43

6 hours ago, ADMIN said:

I have a new idea that I will try to exploit tomorrow, not sure yet if it will work but I will try my best.

Basically, I will try to move only some of the maps into a new sub-server, but without having that sub-server active at all.

This would mean that you will teleport to Icarus, for example, just like you would teleport to crywolf (to another sub-server), and the map will be held only there (in sub-server).

This would keep everything (almost) as it is while splitting the load into multiple sub-servers.

That , would be really great. Didn't know that was possible, but ur on the right track.

• Content Count:  25

14 hours ago, ADMIN said:

wouldnt that make spells like chain chaotic etc having the same bug as server1 due to amount of ppl gathering in same sub server? if it does it affects  on cs as well

• Content Count:  31

1 hour ago, montana94 said:

wouldnt that make spells like chain chaotic etc having the same bug as server1 due to amount of ppl gathering in same sub server? if it does it affects  on cs as well

I can agree with this. All those spells which are bugged since Inception and the only usable place was in SV20 (CS server) can be fucked up there as well. I am starting to think that another server might be better than this.