Important Info
  • Register now to gain full access!
  • Full Info about Phoenix: HERE
  • Full Info about Inception: HERE
  • OSGM Competition: HERE
  • Big Guide for Newbies: HERE
  • Welcome to OldSquad Community

Looking to have fun on a Professional Environment?
    Then you are in the best place!
    Join our MU Online Servers and feel the difference.

SEASON 6 EP 3 - HARD ECONOMY SYSTEM

- Progressive Gameplay.
    - Dynamic Low EXP.
    - Boosted EXP for Newbies!

OUTSTANDING QUALITY & SUPPORT

- Highly configured details in a Smart & Professional way.
    - 15/24 Support on Forum & Facebook.
    - Satisfaction Guaranteed!

HIGH STABILITY & LONG TERM EDITIONS

- Dedicated Project without monthly restarts.
    - 95% UP-TIME with announced Maintenances.
    - Weekly Updates & Improvements.

REAL PLAY2WIN!

- No WebShop / CashShop / VipServer.
    - Credits can be farmed easily INGAME.
    - 100% Balanced Services.

Mercenary Squad - New PvP System

ADMIN

• Group:  Administrators
    • Content Count:  3,930
    • Device:  Windows

Hello,

Based on this previous topic discussions (https://oldsquad.ro/forum/topic/3170-new-pvp-idea/), we tried to combine both @Gion's idea and @Legion's idea with your own feedback into a new PvP system that I'll present below, and you can still bring your feedback before actually implementing it.

Mercenary Squad is a new OPTIONAL PvP System where anyone who wants more PvP can join.

The system works in the following ways:

• You can register into the squad by writing /registerpvp.
    • After you join you need to wait at least 24 hours before leaving it.
    • In order to leave you need to write /unregisterpvp.
    • You can join/leave for any number of times you want.
    • There are 2 types of registration: Normal Level & ML, that will reflect only the reward.
    • There will be a PvP Ranking on website for those registered.

Features for those that register:

• There are 3 levels of seals that you get by registering, which will upgrade in time:
      • First Seal is automatically given after you register, it will increase your Normal Exp (if you register for normal exp) or Master Exp (if you register for ML exp) with 8%.
      • Second seal will give you 14% exp.
      • Third seal will give you 20% exp.
        • All seals will also have a visual effect on your character so people will know that you're part of the Mercenary Squad.
    • You will bypass Fairness Gaps versus other Mercenaries.
    • You will bypass PK Limit vs other Mercenaries.
    • You will bypass Non-PvP invasions vs other Mercenaries.
    • You will bypass Non-PvP maps vs other Mercenaries.
    • There are 3 options that we thought of about PK between Mercenaries and will let you choose the best one:
      • 1. Free PK between Mercenaries on any place (not getting murderer).
      • 2. Normal PK between Mercenaries (you get murderer as usual).
      • 3. Free PK between Mercenaries on 2-4 random maps selected each week from the highest ones, while on rest of maps will be normal PK.
    • There is also a Mercenary Quest system that can be accessed once every 12 hours with the command /pvpquest.
      • This command will assign you a random ONLINE player from the Mercenary Squad that you need to kill in the next 15 minutes in order to finish the quest.
      • If you fail the quest nothing will happen.
      • If the target goes offline during those 15 minutes you will be assigned with another target and another 15 minutes.

Other aspects of Mercenary Squad:

• There is a Point System in order to decide rankings for Mercenaries:
      • You will get 1 point for every 10 minutes of ONLINE TIME while you are registered on the squad.
      • You will get 25 points for every succesfull quest you make as well as 2x Jewel of Harmony.
    • When you reach certain number of points & quests you will be rewarded:
      • 720 points & 8 finished quests will upgrade your seal to the 2nd one.
      • 2500 points & 20 finished quests will upgrade your seal to 3rd one.
        • Extra rewards based on points & quests that will be added at a later stage.
    • IMPORTANT! If you unregister from the Mercenary Squad you will LOSE all your ACCUMULATED POINTS!
      • So, the higher the risk the higher the reward.

Waiting your feedback before starting the implementation.

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do" - Steve Jobs

• Group:  Members
    • Content Count:  352

6 hours ago, ADMIN said:

After you join you need to wait at least 24 hours before leaving it.

what I was talking about, in order to have a couple of hours a day to have a good time, you have to sacrifice the whole game. I assume the better will abandon the event because of the 4-6 hours of "game" my character will be death in next 16 hours while I sleep\work.

• Content Count:  16

as a rf id like classes to be balanced before this happens,the system itself seems fun and would probably work well.

as of now i cant even dream of signing up for this as a vrf,die to glass cannon builds who are like tanks for me,and well the tanks themselves,10/10 loss guaranteed,but i keep trying.

(top gear or not,die the same,dd joh set+cape3 does not make me survive 1 extra hit for how paper any rf build is with even mlvl focused on tank)

definitely would love to test this,but atm not even considering to sign up sadly.gave up cc for the same reason,and feel bad when i join IT since im a flat tire for the team that gets me.

On 6/28/2019 at 8:48 PM, Shuryk said:

what I was talking about, in order to have a couple of hours a day to have a good time, you have to sacrifice the whole game. I assume the better will abandon the event because of the 4-6 hours of "game" my character will be death in next 16 hours while I sleep\work.

The 24h limitation was considered before the idea of reseting the points. We'll reduce the entry time to 4-8 hours, for those that are just looking for small pvp time and lower reward(s).

Still waiting feedback or any improvements you may think of, as I'm starting its development and will release a beta system soon hopefully.

As the system has been released in its Beta stage, this topic will be used for reports/suggestions related to it.

Feel free to contribute to the system to make it better.

#For those that didn't noticed yet, the PvP Rankings is up on website.

• Group:  Legends
    • Content Count:  14

Few things, which come to my mind after first day:

1. It would be nice if there would be option to upgrade/change pvp status (normal - Mlvl) without loosing points. 

2. There should be some kind of system which selects the enemy equal to us. Getting a 0rr enemy as a 10rr player isn't challenging.

3.I did only 2 quests, after 1st johs appeard in vault. After 2nd there was no johs. I assume it still doesn't work every time.

1 minute ago, Time said:

1. It would be nice if there would be option to upgrade/change pvp status (normal - Mlvl) without loosing points. 

2. There should be some kind of system which selects the enemy equal to us. Getting a 0rr enemy as a 10rr player isn't challenging.

3.I did only 2 quests, after 1st johs appeard in vault. After 2nd there was no johs. I assume it still doesn't work every time.

getting a 0rr enemy is challenging,cant look up location on site :D

managed to do 1 kill sofar tho,phono after ee kill in relic,not sure would have time to loose phono everyday after work and still do ds or bc with  others/warp for hunts,so id remove any pk status from target kill perhaps? P: 

perhaps dont let EEs join the pvp system at all,wipes the enemy party if EE gets hunted,but also the EEs fault ;)  

if someone is killed,and spawns in safe area?can they be assigned to someone again?unable to be killed.

also what about having exp buff after you kill someone once,not from the get-go.

and perhaps loose bonus after you get killed,til you kill again. but a little bonus for perhaps 3 kills in a row at max.or some luck with jwling items to +9 at 5 kills :P

people who dont need johs,could sign up with a different command to maybe get a different reward,as in demon/x10 tickets for events perhaps)not on each kill)

• Group:  Legends
    • Content Count:  14

19 hours ago, drolnomed said:

getting a 0rr enemy is challenging,cant look up location on site :D

You can, just check online players.

Rewards... JoHs have good value now. But in future, when new server starts the rewards should be diffrent. 1c in 1st week, 1b in 2nd, 1s in 3rd etc. Or something like that.

EE shouldn't be allowed in mercenary squad. This is meant to be pvp, so let it be pvp event. Not exp event. Maybe decrease exp % on register and made more stages, which will depends only on number of kills, not time ingame. 

EDIT: 4. Exclude ppl from same guild getting each other in pvp quests.

• Content Count:  42

Hey admin, 

Last  quest i have had have not been able to complete.

1. I got a char who was in town

2. Got same gen on Battle map and wasn't able to atk 

same guy whos always in battle map same gens as me is my target a few times now and cant attack him.

On 7/6/2019 at 1:07 AM, Time said:

1. We're considering the option to change from ML to normal and vice-versa at the cost of halving the points instead of resetting them to 0.

2. What you're speaking about can work only on a system that has over 500-600 registered players all the time, so the pool is big enough, else you'll never find such target with low number of people registered. In future if there will be more people on the system there will be some stages and other improvements, but for now it can't work.

3. It's possible that you had only 2 slot space in inventory and it was requiring 3 slots for the reward (small bug, will be fixed). There aren't any messages if you have the space or not, but it's my only guess that can happen if you finish quest without reward.

On 7/6/2019 at 7:59 PM, Time said:

You can, just check online players.

Rewards... JoHs have good value now. But in future, when new server starts the rewards should be diffrent. 1c in 1st week, 1b in 2nd, 1s in 3rd etc. Or something like that.

EE shouldn't be allowed in mercenary squad. This is meant to be pvp, so let it be pvp event. Not exp event. Maybe decrease exp % on register and made more stages, which will depends only on number of kills, not time ingame. 

EDIT: 4. Exclude ppl from same guild getting each other in pvp quests.

Rewards in future will be adjusted at any stage of the game, for sure, but when the system will be 100%.

We thought about removing support chars from event, but we'll instead make more stages (it was planned from start anyway), where you start with smaller exp (for all chars) and progress through kills and other type of quests. For now we'll let as it is to have enough chars in system so we can test and fix things having higher sample.

About the guild/ally, on the next improvements it will first search outside of guild/ally players, if it won't find anything it will assign from guild/ally.

What we're working on:

- Reassign another target if the current target is on the same gens family and it is on a gens map.
    - Skip EE punishment if EE is mercenary.
    - Try to reassign another target if current are in safe-zones.
    - Show current target when writing /pvpquest while a quest is up.
    - We're considering a "repel" feature where the targets can earn 30 points if they kill the mercenary that comes for them before being killed by them.

• Content Count:  231

I would suggest the target is on different gens. This will prevent people being from same guild and all.

Pro PvAFK player!

• Content Count:  43

got target in CW and cant kill them, for 3 time.

Got bug pvpquest, i waited 1 day for next quest but when i put the command they tell me "you have already started a quest " nick Hanamichi.

can you add command to reshow nick name to kill?

Thanks for your input guys, hopefully we touched everything in this patch, and looking for more feedback as well.

Cheers!

@ADMIN its bugged /pvpquest? i killed like 4 player in a row and when i killed 1 taget they give me new target to kill.. its infinite? now i failed because cant move to other maps, and sometime when i killed the target the quest not done and say to kill same target 

also he gave me target who stay at swamp and i cant warp because i dont have level to warp

Yes, it was a issue with sync after kill (taking the safe-zone of the dead person before finishing the quest), it is fixed now, and the checks will happen each 10 seconds instead of each second.

I also reset the quest for everyone.

The swamp thing - nothing can be done, when you take a quest you expect getting persons from higher maps.

now work thanks