Jump to content

Welcome to OldSquad Community

Looking to have fun on a Professional Environment?
Then you are in the best place!
Join our MU Online Servers and feel the difference.

SEASON 6 EP 3 - HARD ECONOMY SYSTEM

- Progressive Gameplay.
- Dynamic Low EXP.
- Boosted EXP for Newbies!

OUTSTANDING QUALITY & SUPPORT

- Highly configured details in a Smart & Professional way.
- 15/24 Support on Forum & Facebook.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed!

HIGH STABILITY & LONG TERM EDITIONS

- Dedicated Project without monthly restarts.
- 95% UP-TIME with announced Maintenances.
- Weekly Updates & Improvements.

REAL PLAY2WIN!

- No WebShop / CashShop / VipServer.
- Credits can be farmed easily INGAME.
- 100% Balanced Services.
Important Info
  • Register now to gain full access!
  • Full Info about Inception: HERE
  • Full Info about Phoenix: HERE
  • OSGM Competition: HERE
  • Big Guide for Newbies: HERE
ADMIN

[Arena Tournament V2] Discussions

Recommended Posts

Hello,

While the discussion about it was started internally with the Council, we do believe that such Event could use more feedback in order to be a success, so we're sharing our vision/plan about it with you as well.

This is what it is currently in my mind for it, to be a real "tournament":

Arena Tournament V2

  • 6 normal but different tournaments in each day with a last (7th) official tournament in the 7th day, for the winners. 
  • Each tournament with its own rewards & the last one with better rewards.
    • Day #1: Last Man Standing - same class - Winners from each class are qualified for last tournament.
    • Day #2: Last Man Standing - random stats, any class - TOP4 winners are qualified for last tournament.
    • Day #3: Last Man Standing - any class - TOP4 winners are qualified for last tournament.
    • Day #4: King of the Hill - same class - Players with most points after 10 minutes, from each class, are qualified for last tournament.
    • Day #5: King of the Hill - random stats, any class - TOP4 players with most points after 10 minutes are qualified for last tournament.
    • Day #6: King of the Hill - any class - TOP4 players with most points after 10 minutes are qualified for the last tournament.
    • Day #7: Last Laugh - only winners from the rest of tournaments can participate - Last Man Standing in first round - when there are 8 players left there will be 1v1 tournament between them, bracket being based on the points gathered during Last Man Standing round (TOP1 points vs TOP8 points, TOP2 points vs TOP7 points, etc.)
  • If you get top4 in any of the 3 tournaments or top1 on your class on any of the class only tournaments you won't be allowed to join any other tournament except the final one.
  • As an extra note for the last tournament: players will get extra points to add during it, the extra points being the difference of the 1st player reset (from tournament) total points - their points.
    • Example: Highest character from Last Laugh does have 12 resets:
      • Players with 10 resets will receive 2x 1400/1600 points based on the class, as extra points to add during tournament.
      • Players with 5 resets will receive 7x 1400/1600 points based on the class, as extra points to add during tournament.
      • Etc.

This are the basics, each tournament will feature some things like diminishing returns on kill (the more you kill the same person the less points you get for the kill), a number of lives on the last man standing, etc.

People from Council also suggested to have restrictions to consumables at the tournaments, which we're fine with.

Waiting any feedback / ideas / suggestions you may have especially related to the structure. :)

#MakeMUGreatAgain!


"The only way to do great work is to love what you do" - Steve Jobs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it could become a really good tournament for Teamplay. The only downsides are:

1. Good Team Characters like AE wont benefit from 1v1 potential (since they are considered to be the worst pvp class 1v1 according to forum details)

2. Solo players will get jumped on by organized teams (i think this is a downside only for the newbies while i think teamplay will make the tournament a lot more funny and entertaining)

3. Consumables/Scrolls/Potsions could play a big part in making a big difference in terms of power

4. Is Last Man Standing supposed to just stay allive or have a scoring side (like you kill 5 people, you get x amount of points and u still have chances to qualify?) Cause if not, i feel like the VIT Builds could be abused especially for teamplaying.

5. Is Party allowed? You do not stipulate if it is or not yet. (also because of point 4, vit/ene bks build could be abused)

EDIT: Have you thought of an arena tournament regarding teams of 3-5 players maybe? (with the same stats squish-upgrade you brought up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion is that you complicate this game too much, casual events are much more interesting, what you offer is suitable for a narrow range of people, you can draw an analogy with soccer event. 

I can offer you my 5 cents, make arena interface like CC with hidden names and if possible classes, with "diminishing returns on kill" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hvman said:

I think it could become a really good tournament for Teamplay. The only downsides are:

1. Good Team Characters like AE wont benefit from 1v1 potential (since they are considered to be the worst pvp class 1v1 according to forum details)

2. Solo players will get jumped on by organized teams (i think this is a downside only for the newbies while i think teamplay will make the tournament a lot more funny and entertaining)

3. Consumables/Scrolls/Potsions could play a big part in making a big difference in terms of power

4. Is Last Man Standing supposed to just stay allive or have a scoring side (like you kill 5 people, you get x amount of points and u still have chances to qualify?) Cause if not, i feel like the VIT Builds could be abused especially for teamplaying.

5. Is Party allowed? You do not stipulate if it is or not yet. (also because of point 4, vit/ene bks build could be abused)

EDIT: Have you thought of an arena tournament regarding teams of 3-5 players maybe? (with the same stats squish-upgrade you brought up.

1. It's like saying don't make PvM invasions / events because BK is the worst for them.

2. It is what was happening on first arena tournament version, and we're trying to reduce such things on this one with different restrictions.

3. This is what I wrote, that they will be disabled as council suggested.

4. Last man standing means to remain alive, king of the hill means to score as many points as possible, different objectives.

5. Buffs are deleted except of personal buffs, so party or not - it's useless.

12 hours ago, Spawn said:

My opinion is that you complicate this game too much, casual events are much more interesting, what you offer is suitable for a narrow range of people, you can draw an analogy with soccer event. 

I can offer you my 5 cents, make arena interface like CC with hidden names and if possible classes, with "diminishing returns on kill" 

If it was possible to have same CC thing it was the easiest solution for previous arena version. It is not possible.

I don't feel like it's more complicated than previous version. It is just more fair / gives more chances to people.

I promised that I will bring a new AT version when I removed it, people are asking for it, so I have to deliver.


"The only way to do great work is to love what you do" - Steve Jobs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ADMIN said:

1. It's like saying don't make PvM invasions / events because BK is the worst for them.

2. It is what was happening on first arena tournament version, and we're trying to reduce such things on this one with different restrictions.

3. This is what I wrote, that they will be disabled as council suggested.

4. Last man standing means to remain alive, king of the hill means to score as many points as possible, different objectives.

5. Buffs are deleted except of personal buffs, so party or not - it's useless.

If it was possible to have same CC thing it was the easiest solution for previous arena version. It is not possible.

I don't feel like it's more complicated than previous version. It is just more fair / gives more chances to people.

I promised that I will bring a new AT version when I removed it, people are asking for it, so I have to deliver.

Regarding the 5th point. I think being able to create a party, it's still helping, cause we cannot attack our team by mistake (which happens a lot when there are lots of players).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...